From the Fowlers

Monday, October 15, 2012

overdue

I have been trying to think of a good excuse for my absence the past 3 months in the world of blogging.  At first I thought it would be because we moved (true), then because we have been super crazy busy and I haven't had time (kinda true), then I thought because I didn't have anything to talk about (not true).  Then I came across this post by Jen Hatmaker about how to be awesome at blogging and she said " Confuse your readers by posting twice in one week one month then go radio silent for three solid months."  So there is my excuse.  I am awesome and that is why I haven't posted.  

So, we are settling into our new home in Nashville.  It was definitely an adjustment moving but we are finding a rhythm now and things are going much better.  Chris is into full swing into his residency at Brentwood Baptist and is enjoying his training.  We are working alongside two other couples that will be planting around the same time as us.  One couple will be going to Kansas City and the other couple to San Angelo, Tx.  We have been blessed to be placed here with these families during this season of training.  I have been especially thankful to have gotten to know the wives and have been so encouraged by them.  We know that this is where the Lord has called us and are continuing to be in prayer about an exact location to begin ministering.

Ella is going to preschool two days a week and loves it.  She is learning so much and it has been a great chance for her to have some time with kids her age and for me to be able to have time with Ava.  She had pictures taken a few weeks ago and her teachers told us that she wanted her friend Raquel in the picture with her.  

Not a day goes by that Ella doesn't say something quotable.  One night I told her that she should sleep in the next morning and when she came in to our room the next day at her normal time I asked her if she remembered me telling her to sleep late.  She responded with "oops...too late now."  Sometimes I wish I could know what her little mind was thinking.  She is quick on her feet.  She gets that from her daddy, not me! She has adjusted to Nashville so great and even told me that she never wants to leave.  So that is a good thing since we aren't planning on it.  

Sweet Ava is 18 months old and I am not sure how this happened!  When she wears something that was Ella's it seems that it was only yesterday Ella was that old.  She is so different than Ella and I love seeing how her personality is different.  She talks wayyyyy less than Ella at this age.  Probably because she doesn't get the chance.  Because of this every time she talks it is so special because it is rare! My favorite thing that she says right now is "Amen".  She usually says it before us as soon as we say "in Jesus name" she says "amen".  I love that she knows that is what follows.  Lately I have been sitting back marveling at these girls and how precious they are.  I love that they are sisters and have already have a sweet bond.  I wish I could pause time and keep them like this. 



And for baby girl that still has yet to have a name, we are trucking right along.  I have named and unnamed this baby so many times.  I have almost resorted to waiting until I see her to pick her name which is hard for me because by this time with both girls I already had a name picked out!  I think I have it down to 2 but I can't share because I don't need to be influenced by anyone.  But if you have any suggestions, I am open.  Ha.  So hopefully in about 8 weeks we will have it nailed down! 

So, now I feel better that I have caught up!  If you want to sign up for our Monthly newsletter about what is going on with our Church Plant journey click here.  

To end I will leave you with some pictures!

Ava's 18 month appointment....coloring to pass the time.  
 My heart can't take this love.  
Ella when she realized we had taken her to Disney on Ice.  Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment