From the Fowlers

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The First Wednesday in May

Are you familiar with Senior day at Kroger?  It is the first Wednesday of every month and the senior citizens get discounts at Kroger.  They come by the busloads (literally).  When we moved to Louisville (2 years ago this month) I went to Kroger for the first time and it happened to be the first Wednesday of the month (which coincidentally was also May).  I was excited about a big nice grocery store with lots of options!  I had my list, I had my baby and off I went.  I was not prepared.  At all.  There were more people than I had ever seen in a grocery store in my life!  I loved that each and every elderly person we passed wanted to admire my little girl ( and tell me to enjoy this age).  I couldn't blame them.  She's precious.  But after the first...say....ten admirers I realized this grocery trip was turning into a marathon. Add in not knowing where anything was in the store and a ten month old and TWO HOURS (not kidding) later we left Kroger.  I was defeated.

Typically I do my shopping on Monday but because the lovely stomach bug hit our house this weekend, it got pushed back to today.  Imagine my reaction when walking up to the doors of Kroger, two kids in tow, I realized what day it was.  I put the girls in the cart, said a quick prayer and went for it head on!  Honestly it was not as bad as I had anticipated.  Maybe because it was lunchtime. Maybe because of my prayer.  Maybe I have grown in two years and can handle more (probably not).  We made it through in WAY less than two hours! And other than Ava melting down after she took her last bite of cookie there were no major setbacks.  There were still several admirers and we enjoyed them all.  I have a better outlook on the first Wednesday of the month now!




Oh...and they were giving out samples of Derby Pie, which had to make things better!

3 comments:

  1. just finished my list and was about to head out the door to Kroger. Now, I'm stressed!! Hopefully, we'll do as well as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did it go? I hope you got the derby pie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is hilarious! glad it was better the second time around. and i didn't realize we moved here (sort of) around the same time! crazy.

    ReplyDelete